Barnardo’s is the UK's largest children's charity.
We transform the lives of the UK’s most vulnerable children and young people.
We listen to them on whatever issues are affecting them.
We believe in them – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through.
This belief started with our founder Thomas Barnardo who stood up for the most vulnerable children in society.
Our vision is his vision – a world where no child is turned away.
Our purpose is to transform the lives of the UK’s most vulnerable children.
Our mission is to:
- Reach and help those children whose voices are unheard, whose needs are unmet.
- Defend, safeguard and support them at key moments
- Fight to change policy, practice and public opinion.
- Inspire our people and partners to unite behind our purpose.
- We value and embrace diversity, and are committed to creating a society for our staff, our volunteers and the children we work with that is free from discrimination, victimisation and harassment.